- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 127dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 76dB A-Weighted
- Pad Switch: -10dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
The Aston Origin is a high-performance cardioid condenser microphone utilising a one inch (1″) gold evaporated capsule. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer-less circuitry using only the best components such as WIMA capacitors, the same devices you’ll find in boutique microphones costing far more than the Origin.
The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound… for a natural and transparent recording.