- One XLR/TRS input jack supports balanced input and can provide +48V phantom power
- Mini-jack mic input (MIC 1)
- 4-pole earphones with mic can be connected
- Stereo mini-jack AUX input to connect portable audio players and game devices
- Built-in omnidirectional condenser mic
- Support for low-level dynamic mic input signals
- DSP effects (equalizer, compressor and reverb)
- Input monitoring function allows input sounds to always be heard before they are transmitted
- Three self-lighting and velocity-sensitive PON trigger pads
- REVERB knob to adjust the amount of reverb effect
- Voice effect on/off button
- ON AIR button starts transmission to the computer
- Stereo mini-jack headphones output
- 6.3-mm standard headphones output
Turn Online into SHOWTIME!
The TASCAM MiNiSTUDIO Personal US-32 is your complete, desktop online broadcast studio. Featuring a professional quality audio interface and a number of unique real-time effects, the MINISTUDIO Personal delivers everything you need to set the Internet on fire.
You talkin' to me?
At the heart of every Podcast and online broadcast lies the desire to communicate. And more often than not, this communication takes the form of the human voice...and TASCAM knows a thing or two about recording the human voice. Central to the MiNiSTUDIO Personal is an XLR/combo mic/line connector and a professional quality micropone preamp. Built-in phantom power allows you to quickly and easily connect your favorite dynamic or conderser microphone...or not... For the ultimate in plug and play convenience, the MiNiSTUDIO Personal features a built-in microphone, so you're ready to talk the talk right out of the box. Simply press the ON AIR button and go to town. And to top it all off, the MiNiSTUDIO Personal features a 4-band parametric EQ, adjustable on-board compression and a digital reverb effect with a convenient front panel depth control.
Through extensive collaboration with a number of top podcasters, we are happy to enhance the TASCAM MiNiSTUDIO experience by offering a free Software and Firmware update. These updates add exciting new features designed to streamline the workflow of podcasters and streamers alike.
The first enhancement to the experience comes in the form of newly added SceneMemories which allow the broadcaster to save snapshots of their MiNiSTUDIO configurations for immediate and easy recall at any time. These presets can easily be saved and named and will instantly reset all parameters of the TASCAM MiNiSTUDIO control panel including such options as PON selections, EQ settings, Compression levels, choice of Voice Effect and more. This allows podcasters and streamers to easily move from set up to set during a recording session or a live show.
NEW Podcast Muilt-channel Mode
The second added feature is a powerful new Mode Preset: Podcast Multi-channel. In response to the need of podcasters to independently record the host, co-hosts and guests, this new preset and associated ASIO driver set enable the podcaster to quickly and easily configure their Windows-based Digital Audio Workstation to fit their desired workflow. Hosts, guests and sound effects may now be captured on separate tracks for easy editing and sonic tweaking.
This feature was added specifically to match the workflow of Podcasters who wish to pre-record their shows in a true multi-track format for easy post-production editing
NOTE: This feature relies on a customized set of ASIO drivers for signal routing, and requires a Windows-based DAW with ASIO support.
When recording using Podcast Multi-channel Mode:
- Audio from the host's Microphone (MiNiSTUDIO mic 1 and 2) may be recorded in isloation on dedicated DAW tracks
- PON sounds and other PC sounds may be recorded on their own dedicated DAW track
- Guest(s) calling in from Video Conference Software (Skype, Google hangouts, etc.) may be recorded on yet another dedicated DAW track
Windows Audio Device setup:
Windows Users will assign MiNiSTUDIO US-32/42 as the Default Device for both Playback and Recording
Video Conference Software Audio Device setup:
Video Conference Software will use Additional Driver US-32/42 for both Microphone and Speaker
Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) setup:
Using Cakewalk SONAR as the example, the Podcast host can easily assign the different input sources to individual DAW tracks
- MiNiSTUDIO Mic 1 is hardcoded to MiNiSTUDIO US-32/42 Mixing Driver 1 (Left)
- MiNiSTUDIO Mic 2 (MiNiSTDUIO Creator US-42 only) is hardcoded to MiNiSTUDIO US-32/42 Mixing Driver 2 (Right)
- PON sounds and other PC sounds are hardcoded to MiNiSTUDIO US-32/42 Mixing Driver 3 (Stereo and/or Left/Right)
- Video Conference App returns are hardcoded to MiNiSTUDIO US-32/42 Mixing Driver 5 (Stereo and/or Left/Right)
Video Conference App Notes:
MiNiSTUDIO US-32/42 Mixing Driver 5 audio stream ONLY contains the voices of remote guests. Signals from the MiNiSTUDIO microphones are not included in this audio stream
At this time, most Video Conference apps are unable to receive audio from any input other than input #1 on a multichannel USB audio interface. This is a known limitation of the majority of commercial Audio/Video Conference Apps and we are working to provide a solution as part of a future update.
Once these assignments have been made, the user simply ensures that all tracks are in record ready mode and that the track monitoring is on for all tracks.