- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analog oscillators for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sound performance
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, pulse, sawtooth, triangle, sine)
- Individual pulse width / tone modulation control provides ultimate sounds
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Self-oscillating, multi-mode VCF with dual output (low pass and high pass)
- 2 analog ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Overdrive circuit adds rich analog warmth and edge to your sounds
- Flexible LFO with five waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync and key sync
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 6 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real time access to all parameters
- Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter and summers for creative patching flexibility
- 32 in / 24 out jack matrix for an incredible amount of patching options
- Patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide for added creativity
- Powerful headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
The Behringer Neutron Synthesizer is a paraphonic analog, semi-modular hardware synthesizer featuring dual 3340 analog oscillators. The Behringer Neutron features a pure analog signal path, basing its design on the legendary VCO to deliver classic sound performance. The semi-modular design features default routings, requiring no patching for quick and easy performances. The Neutron Synth also boasts oscillator waveform control, allowing you to blend between 5 shapes, as well as individual pulse width/tone modulation providing versatile sound design options. It also features a wide range of patch points for added flexibility as well as an integrated noise generator and overdrive circuit.
Semi-Modular Fully Analog Synthesizer
The Behringer Neutron is a paraphonic semi-modular synthesizer featuring a fully analog circuit. The innovative design features a pure analog signal path, recreating the classic VCO design for optimal sound performance. The semi-modular architecture features a wide range of connections including patch points and MIDI I/O, as well as default routings that require no patching. At the core of the synth are the dual 3340 analog oscillators, delivering a wide sonic range for unprecedented sound design capabilities. You can also blend oscillator waveforms with ease, seamlessly blending between tone modulation, pulse, sawtooth, triangle and sine waves. This allows you to achieve new waveform combinations for a truly unique sound.
Paraphonic Mode & Controls
When used in Paraphonic mode, the Behringer Neutron allows both oscillators to be controlled independently. This versatile feature allows for deeper control of your synth, ideal for live performances for making dynamic changes on the fly. It also boasts individual pulse width/tone modulation control, allowing you to fine-tune your sound. The synth includes a self-oscillating, multi-mode VCF with dual output, allowing you to sculpt your sound with the powerful filters. Two analog ADSR generators provide modulation of the VCF and VCA for further modulation options, allowing you to change the style and shape of your sound. This allows you to achieve everything from percussive sounds to rich melodic tones.
Analog Delay & Overdrive Circuit
The Neutron comes complete with a multiple stage analog delay, basing its design on the classic BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology. The overdrive circuit delivers analog warmth and edge to your sounds, bringing out the brash side of your tones. Also included is a noise generator, designed to dramatically change the waveform generation, for sound experimentation purposes. The flexible LFO features five waveforms shapes in total as well as MIDI clock sync and key sync.
Controls & Jack Matrix
In total, the Neutron Synthesizer features 36 controls and 7 buttons, giving you direct access to all the parameters in real-time. This comprehensive control section features notched rotary controls, allowing you to change your settings with ease. The ergonomic layout is set in section with clearly annotated rotary controls. The 32/24 out jack matrix provides a wide range of patching options, keeping true to vintage-style synthesis. This allows you to get hands-on with your parameters, as well as communicating with other equipment. It also features a patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide for added flexibility.
In addition to the jack matrix, the Behringer Neutron also boasts an independent headphone output with dedicated level control for private monitoring, as well as an external audio input for processing external sound sources such as drum machines, keyboards and more. There is also a comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation for connection to a keyboard/sequencer.