- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa @ 1kHz (1 Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1kΩ
- Maximum SPL: 130 dB SPL
- S/N Ratio: 85.5 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Noise Level A-Weighted: 8.5 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Dynamic Range: 129.5 dB (2.5kΩ)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15)
- Weight: 212g (7.5oz)
- Dimensions: 170mm x 27mm x 27mm (6.7” x 1.1” x 1.1”)
Hummingbird is a versatile, precision-engineered Class-A small-diaphragm microphone. Like its avian counterpart, Hummingbird is compact, fits precisely into tight spaces and can nimbly change positions where others can’t.
The pivoting head allows for 180 degrees of rotation, so you can record at any angle without adjusting the stand. Featuring a precisely tuned diaphragm based on Blue’s acclaimed "B1" cardioid capsule, Hummingbird offers balanced character with plenty of sparkling high end in the studio and on stage for drum overheads, acoustic guitar, strings or any instrument with fast transients and rich overtones. The only thing it won’t do is pollenate your garden—we’re still working on that technology.
In studio and on stage for drum overheads, close-miking of hi-hat, snare, or toms, acoustic guitar, strings, harp and any other instrument with fast transients and rich overtones.
With fast transient response, high SPL handling and extended high frequency, Hummingbird is an exceptional small diaphragm microphone. To take it further, we designed the capsule to rotate 180 degrees for easy placement and now you have an undeniable weapon for drum overheads, acoustic guitar, piano and more.