AKG’s legendary C 414 needs no introduction – it is a tool found in most recording studios and has been used on thousands of hit records; it’s been on stage with artists of every musical genre and is also used by leading broadcast facilities the world over. The new C 214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414 family. This new microphone uses the same 1-inch dual-capsule as the legendary C 414 in a single-diaphragm, cardioid-only design. The result is a class-leading performance close to that of the famous C414 B-XLS.
The C 214 has AKG’s legendary large-diaphragm sound and is capable of incredible 143 dB dynamic range for uncompressed, life-like transients. The C 214’s edge-terminated capsule delivers a highly-detailed, up-front sound that brings out every nuance of any voice or instrument. Thanks to its switchable 20-dB attenuation pad and low cut filter, the C 214 can be used in sound fields as high as 156 dB SPL – so it can be used on stage for close-up miking for even very loud applications like drum overheads, guitar amps or high-output brass.
The C 214 features an integrated capsule suspension that reduces mechanical noise and resonances for even greater sonic accuracy. The double mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting acoustical performance. The C 214 has a roadworthy construction quality with a modern scratch-resistant finish, a dent-resistant, metal grille and a gold-plated XLR-type output. The C 214 comes complete with carrying case, windscreen, and spider-type shock mount.
- AKG’s legendary 1“ edge-terminated large diaphragm sound
- Incredible 143dB dynamic range (up to 156 dB SPL)
- Switchable 20 dB attenuation pad and low cut switch
- Integrated capsule suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Rugged double mesh grill for high RF immunity but unaffected acoustics
- Spider-type shock mount, windscreen and metal carrying case included
- All-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
- Designed, engineered and built in Vienna, Austria 3-year parts and labor warranty