The Bottle is Blue's flagship recording tool and its highest achievement in quality and innovation. The Bottle combines low noise and superb transient response integrated with a system of interchangeable capsules, the Bottle Caps. In an instant, the bayonet-mounted Bottle Caps can be exchanged to provide different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns while the included power supply remains on. The Class A discrete amplifier circuit of the Bottle is a thoroughly modern homage to the past, with a design utilizing a single hand-selected EF86 pentode vacuum tube in triode mode. The Bottle is the definition of craftsmanship, with hand-assembled custom components found throughout. With eight different Bottle Caps to choose from, the Bottle provides the ultimate recording experience for any application.
- Flight case
- IEC cable
- Champagne cable
- B6 capsule
Extremely versatile tube condenser mic
The Blue Bottle not only sounds like a dream, but it's extremely versatile. The Bottle features eight different interchangeable capsules, so you can change capsules to deliver different tonality, patterns and uses while the microphone is still turned on, thus eliminating the need for many types of mics. The amplifier design is based on a single vacuum tube pentode EF86 in a triode mode. Blue hand selects the tube for low noise performance.
Power supply helps preserve tube life
The Blue Bottle microphone is packaged with one B6 Lollipop capsule and the 9610 Tube Microphone Power supply. Blue has developed the 9610 with the new SOFT START feature to assure the longevity of the vacuum tube, and the stability of the microphone circuitry. No other commercially available tube microphone power supply offers this unique feature. Champagne tube microphone cable is standard inclusion and all the above is all housed in a Blue velvet lined ATA approved flight case.
Eight available capsules
The Bottle Mic can employ seven additional hand-built capsules crafted by Blue at their factory.
Blue Bottle Available Pattern selections (optional):
- B7: Cardioid large diaphragm single backplate. The Classic Vocal Sound.
- B6: Cardioid large diaphragm dual backplate. The Blue Standard, included with the Bottle - The Modern Presence Vocal Sound
- B5: Pressure omni large diaphragm. The Presence Omni
- B4: Perspex sphere pressure omni small diaphragm. The Big Omni
- B3: Cardioid mid sized diaphragm. The Neutral Capsule
- B2: Figure of eight large diaphragm. The Vintage Capsule
- B1: Cardioid small diaphragm. The Accuracy Plus Capsule
- B0: Cardioid (large capsule/Bright)
Discover why the sound of the Blue Bottle has engineers and audio pros everywhere raving!
Blue Bottle Condenser Microphone Features:
- Ultimate in hand-built craftsmanship
- High-end tube and Class A discrete circuitry
- Mic system - allows for various capsules to be swapped "on the fly" for extreme versatility
- Integrated capsule shockmounting
- Hand tuned and tested
- Custom wound mic transformer
- Includes B6 capsule, Blue's renowned 9610 tube power supply, Champagne tube mic cable, and ATA style storage case
For no-compromise tube condenser sound, get the Blue Bottle!