- Compact, lightweight audio recorder that can be attached directly to a dynamic microphone with XLR connector
- Mono recording at 48 kHz sample rate and 24-bit resolution
- BWF (WAV) format allows inclusion of time information within audio files
- Records to microSD/microSDHC card (up to 32 GB)
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Recording level can be set to High/Mid/Low
- AGC function (Auto Gain Control)
- Switchable limiter to prevent clipping
- Switchable low-cut filter conveniently reduces low-frequency noise
- Time track increment function
- Playback function for checking recordings via headphones
- Headphones output
- Built-in clock for storing time information with recordings
- Fastening mechanism for a stable joint between the recorder and the microphone
- OLED display with great visibility
- Micro USB-B connector for easy data transfer with a computer
- Power supply through one AAA battery/rechargeable or USB connection
- Settings can be created in a text file on a computer and transferred to the DR-10X via USB
- Firmware update possible using the microSD card
The compact DR-10X audio recorder attaches to a handheld microphone for the ultimate compact news gathering recording system. A captive XLR connector attaches firmly to any dynamic microphone for capturing interviews in Broadcast WAV format at 48-kHz/24-bit resolution. Recordings can be offloaded through a USB connection or by loading the microSD card into a computer.
The DR-10X offers both manual and automatic gain setting, a low-cut filter and a limiter to prevent overloads. The Dual Recording mode can be used to create a copy of the audio at a lower level as a backup track in case there is distortion. Recording can begin instantly by sliding the record switch while turning the unit on.
This audio recorder is designed for plug-on connection, so it can be connected directly to XLR handheld dynamic mics or battery-powered condenser mics. Thus, it is perfectly suited for recording interviews, conferences, seminars, meetings and any other situation using a handheld microphone.
- Simple plug-on connection with any XLR handheld mic
- Locking mechanism assures a tight connection with the microphone
- Ideal for use with high-quality shotgun mics
To ensure high reliability, the DR-10X is engineered to prevent misoperation during recording. The recording switch uses a sliding mechanism that prevents misoperation from accidentally pressing a button. In addition, the hold function can prevent recording from being stopped by accidental contact with a button.
You can check the battery level on the easy-to-read organic EL display. Even if the battery should run out unexpectedly, the unit will automatically close the file before it shuts down to prevent loss of already recorded data.
Even though the DR-10X is very compact, it can play back recorded files. You can connect headphones to check recorded data right away.
Time information is stored with the audio data for easy searching and editing. And you can also let the unit create new files at regular intervals during recording without interruption.