- 500-series double module, mono unit,
- +4dB operating level,
- Sowter output transformer,
- Carnhill input transformer,
- Amplification: 35dB,
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +/-0.1 dB,
- Hard wire bypass,
- Large VU meter,
- Shipping weight: 3kg
The TUBECORE 500 is a full symmetric transformer balanced 500-series compressor. The structure is based on the typical vari mu solution. The TUBECORE 500 is a true tube mono compressor where compression is achieved using the remote cut-off of tube biasing. Could be used as a mono tracking compressor or (as a matched pair) as an advanced mastering tool.
TUBECORE 500 technical specification:
- Fully symmetric design, from Input to Output,
- Precise analog scales and ultra fast VU Meters,
- Frequency response +/-0.2dB: 20Hz-20KHz,
- Release: 0.1s - 4s,
- Attack: 10 - 300 ms,
- Max. gain: 35dB,
- Input - Carnhill transformer,
- Output - Sowter transformer,
- Shipping weight 2 kg
VU METER - Big VU meter showing the amount of gain reduction.
THRESHOLD - Above this level of the input signal the compression will occur. Use it to control the amount of compression.
ATTACK - Time delay between the apperance of the signal and the compressor reaction.
RELEASE - Time delay between the disappearance of the signal and the compressor reaction.
GAIN - Input gain knob.
OUTPUT - Output level knob.