Note: HDD support also planned in addition to the SSD.
|Number of channels||64(1xFs), 32(2xFs)|
|Sampling frequencies||44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k Hz|
|Quantization bit rate||16bit/24bit|
|Clock reference||INTERNAL, WORD IN, VIDEO IN|
|Timecode frame||24 / 25 / 29.97DF / 29.97NDF / 30DF / 30NDF|
|TIME CODE IN|
|Signal voltage amplitude||0.5V to 5Vp-p|
|Format||SMPTE 12M-1999 compliant|
|TIME CODE OUT|
|Signal voltage amplitude||2Vp-p|
|Format||SMPTE 12M-1999 compliant|
|Input voltage amplitude (WORD)||0.5V to 5Vp-p TTL equivalent|
|Signal voltage amplitude (VIDEO)||1Vp-p|
|Input impedance||75Ω +/-10%|
|Input frequency (WORD)||48kHz|
|Input signal (VIDEO)||24/25/29.97/30Frame(NTSC/PAL Black burst, HDTV Tri-Level)|
|Output voltage amplitude||5V TTL equivalent|
|Output frequency (WORD)||48kHz|
|Connector||D-sub 9 pin (female, inch-standard)|
|Connector||D-sub 15 pin (female, inch-standard)|
|Protocol||USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED(480Mbps)|
|Connector||6.3mm(1/4') standard stereo jack|
|Maximum output level||45mW+45mW or higher|
*DA-6400dp has 2 power supply inlets
|Power consumption||21W (At the time of IF-MA64/EX use)|
|Operating temperature||0 to +40˚C|
|Standard accessories||TASCAM SSD, SSD media case, Power cable×1 (DA-6400), Power cable×2 (DA-6400dp), USB cable, Rack mount screw kit, Security screw kit, Owner’s manual (with warranty)|
TASCAM’s DA-6400 is an all-new 64-track recorder that records to an internal SSD drive caddy for live and event recording. Professional I/O options like MADI and DANTE make it ideal for live recording, event capture, or as a backup for critical DAW sessions. Available with a single or dual/redundant power supply, the DA-6400 is an unbeatable option for professional remote recording.
Included with the DA-6400 is an AK-CC25 hot-swappable caddy containing a high-performance 240GB TASCAM solid-state drive. The caddy includes a USB 3 jack for stand-alone use – simply hand the drive to the client to offload the BWAV files into their DAW session. The DA-6400 records 64 tracks at 48kHz/24-bit or 32 tracks at 96kHz/24-bit. Included on the rear panel are SMPTE timecode, word clock, RS-422, parallel and Ethernet connections.
I/O options for the DA-6400 include the IF-MA64/EX interface card, with both coaxial and optical MADI connections. This card includes a redundant coaxial connection so that MADI is passed through even if power is lost, making it an ideal backup recorder for DAW sessions. Other I/O options include the lower-cost IF-MA64/BN coaxial MADI card, IF-DA64 Dante card, and IF-AE16 AES/EBU card, with more to come. No dedicated recorder combines the high performance, flexible operation, and complete reliability of TASCAM’s DA-6400 solid-state 64-track recorder.
A stable, reliable 64-channel digital multitrack recorder:
The DA-6400 uses an embedded operating system for quick startup and simple operation. The system is designed for reliable recording when using high sampling rates and large amounts of data transmission. Files are saved approximately every 20 seconds during recording, so data losses due to unexpected power supply interruptions are kept to a minimum. Recording and playback is supported at up to 96kHz/24-bit (32 tracks) for incredibly detailed master tracks.
The DA-6400 records to solid-state drives (SSD), the ideal format due to their excellent vibration protection, environmental resistance, and simple, maintenance-free operation. TASCAM has created our own SSD, designed for and thoroughly tested with DA-6400 recorders without the automatic "housekeeping" features that can cause disks to drop out of record. Internal components, including IC control elements, have been carefully selected and constantly tested lot by lot with the parts manufacturers to maintain quality specifications. The included 240GB SSD is pre-installed into a removable AK-CC25 storage case. Using the swappable bay in the DA-6400 unit, drives can be hot-swapped and then given to clients. The AK-CC25 case includes a USB 3 jack for rapid transfer to DAW systems.
Another feature designed to maintain reliable recording is the high-precision internal sample clock, a temperature-compensated (TCXO) crystal oscillator with ±1ppm operation. For the most critical installations, a dual power supply version (DA-6400DP) is available.
Multi-track, advanced playback options for theme parks and installations:
TASCAM's DA-6400 is the ideal candidate for multi-track playback in installations. The solid-state drive won't wear out after months of use, and the unit can be controlled through serial, parallel, ethernet, or timecode. The SMPTE generator can be used as a master device at any standard frame rate – 24, 25, 29.97DF, 29.97NDF, 30DF, or 30NDF. Gigabit ethernet is offered for remote control and file transfer. FTP can be used to push files to the device or to retrieve recordings from Mac, Windows or UNIX systems. A built-in FTP client is also included for transferring files to remote servers. SNTP support can also automatically update the clock from internet time sources.
Serial RS-422 (P2) and parallel control is also included for use in post, broadcast, or recording studio operation.
New in firmware 2.0:
Theater play function and Playlist function are designed for multichannel playback in various applications.
Theater Play Function
A theater play function allows the addition of marks to be set for starting and ending points on each take and this makes it possible to trigger marked playback range of multiple takes in order. In addition to ordinary playback operations, serial/parallel external control can also be used to send play triggers.
The playlist function now supported makes it possible to assign takes to a list in the order you want, change playback order, and nondestructively set playback ranges of every audio entry without affecting the audio files. In addition, loading and writing of JPPA flash start playlist files is supported.
After a take from playlist ends, when AUTO READY mode is set ON, it automatically jumps to and pauses at the beginning of the next starting point.
|Features at a glance|
- Supports recording/playback of 64 channels at 48kHz/24-bit or 32 channels at 96kHz/24-bit PCM
- The perfect backup recording system for synchronized capture with Pro Tools systems
- 2.5-inch SSD recording media with excellent vibration and environmental resistance as well as maintenance-free operation.
(Note: HDD support currently under development)
- Includes TASCAM SSD – designed with custom controller parts and thoroughly tested using DA-6400 units
- Hot swappable AK-CC25 case loads into front-loaded storage bay with USB 3 I/O port for transfer to DAW computer
- AK-CC25 with TASCAM 240GB SSD drive included with unit
- Hi-visibility Color LCD (320×120 pixels)
- BWF support for storing time information with files
- Two I/O slots for optional audio interface cards:
- IF-MA64/EX 64-channel redundant (in/out/thru) MADI optical/coaxial interface card
- IF-MA64/BN 64-channel MADI coaxial interface card
- IF-DA64 64-channel Dante interface card
- IF-AE16 16-channel AES/EBU interface card
- SMPTE LTC timecode input and output for location synchronization
- Firmware upload over USB port
- Parallel remote control input
- RS-422 serial remote control (9-pin serial protocol compliant)
- Gigabit LAN (1000BASE-T Ethernet) for file transfer, remote control and monitoring over a network
- SNTP server support for automatic adjustment of the internal clock over a network
- Video reference (NTSC/PAL blackburst signals and HDTV Tri-level signals) and word clock input and output/thru
- EIA 1U rackmount size
- IEC 3-pin inlet
- iPad and computer applications for remote control
- AC power redundancy built in (DA-6400dp only)
TASCAM SSD features
- 240GB 2.5-inch serial ATA SSD
- With cooperation with parts manufacturers, TASCAM uses a specific control IC for stable, reliable operation
- SSD operation has been tested with the DA-6400
- One included with each DA-6400/DA-6400dp; additional drives can be purchased separately
- Total recording time: 7h12m@48kHz/24-bits, 64 channels
AK-CC25 (DA-6400 series SSD storage case) features
- 2.5-inch serial ATA SSD can be installed
(Note: HDD support currently under development)
- USB 3.0 interface supports high-speed data transfer
- Data transfer possible when loaded in a DA-6400 bay and when connected by USB to a computer as an external drive
- LED disk access indicator
- One included with each DA-6400/DA-6400dp; additional cases can be purchased separately